Typically, locating pins are used for controlled, fine tolerance positioning of a work piece. For example, a pallet that is moved along one axis, where the drive mechanism is not accurate and stable enough to place it in a position sufficiently accurate to execute a particular process, the use of locating pins may be the best solution. Usually two locating pins are enough to properly locate the work piece on one plane.
Mingrui Ceramic now offers a full line of standard and custom-made ceramic locating and welding pins. Advanced ceramics, which ensure a perfect fit for sheet metal and nuts and are subjected to temperatures of up to 600 °c, have long replaced metal in the production of welding pins. Metal cannot compete with ceramics with regard to insulating properties, resistance to temperature change, and minimal wear and tear due to the high degree of hardness and durability. Yet another advantage of ceramics is their smooth polished surface, which prevents welding spatter from adhering.
1. High temperature resistance: 99.7% Al2O3 pins can stand 1800C at most. 95% Al2O3 rods can stand 1500C at most.
2. Good abrasive resistance: 99.7% Al2O3 rods, 3.9g/cm3, 95% Al2O3 rods 3.6g/cm3.
3. Good insulating property.
4. Tight tolerance: we can grind and polish the outer surface and length. Size tolerance can be +/-0.02mm after machining.Surface roughness can reach to Ra0.2um.
5. Fast delivery, we have large quantity alumina ceramic rods and blanks in stock.
6. Inspection, each single rods will be tested before shipping.
7. Low shipping cost, we have long time cooperation with shipping company, which can provide us very low prices.