Dongguan Ming Rui Ceramic Technology Co., Ltd
Zirconia ceramics are white, yellow, or gray when they contain impurities and usually contain hafnium dioxide, which is difficult to separate.
Elastic deformation refers to a certain amount of deformation of a material under the action of external forces.
When the external force is removed, the material can return to its original deformed shape.
What are the elastic deformation characteristics of zirconia ceramics?
(1) Under the static tensile load at room temperature, metallic materials generally experience two stages of elastic deformation and plastic deformation before fracture, while ceramic materials generally do not experience plastic deformation stage.
Brittle fracture occurs immediately after elastic deformation of minimal strain, with almost zero elongation and surface shrinkage.
(2) The elastic modulus of compression is much higher than the elastic modulus of tension, that is, E - the elastic modulus of tension.
At the same time, ceramic materials also produce a small amount of compression plastic deformation during compression.
In general, the tensile strength of metal materials, even very brittle cast iron, is between one third and one fourth of the compressive strength.
However, the tensile strength of ceramic materials is usually less than 1/10 of the compressive strength.
(3) The elastic modulus of ceramic materials is much larger than that of metals, usually 1 to several times higher.
The elastic modulus of ceramic materials is not only related to the bonding bond, but also related to the type, distribution ratio and porosity of the constituent phase, because the forming and sintering process of ceramics have a great influence on the elastic modulus.
(4) The compressive strength of ceramic materials is much greater than that of tensile materials.
This is the characteristic or advantage of a brittle material.
(5) Compared with metal materials, ceramic materials have good creep resistance at high temperature, and also have certain plasticity at high temperature.
The above is the introduction and analysis of the elastic deformation characteristics of zirconia ceramic materials, I hope to provide reference for you.
Contact Person: Mr. Admin deng